Re: EZ Shopper 3.0 shopping cart CGI remote command execution

From: Marc (marcat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 18:07:23 PST

    Sent via eMail? Funny you mention that. One of the last clients we did a pen
    test on was hacked just the same way. Ya a nice spoofed eMail from Symantxx
    telling them to update PcAnywhexx.

    I guess the point I'm trying to make is that sending updates via eMail is
    not the brightest of ideas. An eMail with a link to a file, on the software
    vendors page, would be much better. Also no IT person should be running
    "software patches" that were eMailed to them because who knows what exactly
    is being "patched."

    I don't know if EZ Shopper 3.0 has their patch posted on the web so this is
    not necessarily directed straight at them but third party software vendors
    as a whole.

    Signed,
    Marc
    eEye Digital Security
    http://www.eEye.com

    "It is the years that blind you. Searching so hard for success you lose
    grasp on the basic wonders of being alive."
    -chameleon