Foundry Networks ServerIron sequence predictability fix soon to

From: Andrew van der Stock (a.vanderstock@e-secure.com.au)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 20:35:06 PST

    Foundry have responded to the advisory quickly, and will be releasing
    patched firmware soon (as in the next few hours, and probably by the time
    you read this - I already have it). Stable firmware will be available via
    the Foundry support web site in less than two weeks.

    See http://www.foundrynet.com/bugTraq.html for the latest news on this
    issue. This page also points out some reasonable steps you can take to
    reduce the risk of remote management whilst using your Foundry devices.

    For those Foundry owners who are interested, native ssh access to the
    Foundry switches is apparently available as an add-on product. As many of
    you know, ssh reduces the risk of remote management by not using clear text
    for important secrets such as passwords and configuration details. I
    recommend all Foundry owners to contact their vendor or use their support
    details to obtain this important add-on.

    I wish to thank Chandra Kopparapu, Foundry's Product Marketing Manager for
    layer 4-7 switches for his prompt response to this issue.

    Andrew van der Stock, Security Architect e-Secure Pty Ltd
    "Secure in a Networked World"            Phone: 02 9438 4984  Fax: 02 9438
    4986
    Suite 201, 2-4 Pacific Hwy,              Mobile: 0412 532 963
    St. Leonards NSW 2065 Australia          http://www.e-Secure.com.au/
    ACN 086 248 419
    e-mail:A.vanderStock@e-Secure.com.au