Re: PGP Signatures security BUG!

From: Salzman, Noah (Noah_Salzmanat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 09:53:39 PST

    Hello Povl,

    Your comments have made there way to NAI.  I will make sure an official
    response is sent to this list.

    My personal response:  32-bit Key ID collisions have been known about for
    quite sometime, although they are still very rare.  64-bit Key IDs have been
    in use for years and, of course, if Fingerprints (160-bit) and key signing
    are used properly there are no problems in the areas you describe.

       Noah Salzman
         noahat_private
         noahat_private
         408-346-5186