Re: RealPlayer and Comet Cursor

From: pedwardat_private
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 19:23:46 PST

    Keela,

    Thank you for your message.  I went back and looked at the download page
    again, and read every link from it.

    It is clear *now* that the CC bundled with RP7 is an innocuous version.

    I, like many of the people who have replied to me, glossed over the marketroid
    table and just clicked "full download".

    Now that the disposition of the CC software is clear, I'd like to ask another
    question:  Why wasn't the software removed from my system after I clicked the
    "Add/Remove Software" button?

    My original message details the leftovers after removing the software.

    I believe it would be a good addition to the download page if you stated
    "This version does not contains GUID tracking abilities", because it is
    only after reading the fine print that this is clear.  Also, you should
    update the privacy policy link on the "Comet Cursor" decscription page,
    to reflect the RP specific version.

    Thank you,

    --Perry

    --
    Perry Harrington                 Director of                   zelur xuniL  ()
    perryat_private             System Architecture               Think Blue.  /\