Enumerate Root Web Server Directory Vulnerability for IIS 4.0

From: Jason Lutz (jasonat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 07:32:07 PST

    BugTraq,

       I was recently auditing the security on one of my web servers when I came
    across a new Extension Enumerate Root Web Server Directory Vulnerability for
    IIS 4.0. Going to the main website and asking for anything.idq I get the
    page cannot be found. But if the files for the web server reside on a share
    the full network path is found.

    The Exploit:

    On the shared network drive, http://server/anything.idq

    The file \\share\wwwroot\inetpub\webpage\*.idq is on a network share. IDQ,
    IDA and HTX files cannot be placed on a network share.

    Tested on Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 and 6a

    I would like to say thank you to rain.forest.puppy. for all of his help.

    props out to ADM, Wiretrip, w00w00 and l0pht.

    Jason Lutz
    Sprint Print Inc
    jasonat_private