Re: PIX Firewall 5.1 DoS Vulnerability

From: Scott Raymond (scott@link-net.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 16:22:33 PDT

    By the way, I recently upgraded a PIX 515 at work.  The folks at Cisco
    inform me that the latest software binary image, 5.3.1, is broken.  They
    suggest upgrading to 5.2.5, which has all of the updates in 5.3.1,
    including the elimination of the DoS vulnerability.

    It also doesn't hurt to upgrade to fix the duplicate SMTP message
    problem with PIX 4.x.

    --
    Scott