Re: multiple vulnerabilities in Alcatel Speed Touch DSL modems

From: Renaud Deraison (deraisonat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 13:40:48 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 04:14:05AM -0700, Mark (Mookie) wrote:
    > >Researchers associated with the San Diego Supercomputer Center at the
    > >University of California, San Diego have identified multiple
    > >implementation flaws in the Alcatel Speed Touch ADSL "modem" (actually
    > >an ADSL-Ethernet router/bridge).  These flaws can allow an intruder to
    > >take complete control of the device, including changing its
    > >configuration, uploading new firmware, and disrupting the
    > >communications between the telephone central office providing ADSL
    > >service and the device.
    >
    > Weren't these issues actually discovered by Renaud Deraison in November 2000?

    To make a long story short : "no". I just noted that these modems
    are installed passwordless (talk about a "discovery"), whereas
    this advisory comes with a lot of new other interesting stuff.

    These are brand new flaws, and they even possibly imply brand new Nessus
    scripts for them ;)

    				-- Renaud

    --
    Renaud Deraison