Re: ActiveSync can access a locked workstation w/o unlo cking

From: Snow, Corey (CSNOWat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 08:53:55 PDT

    This seems to me (personally) to be less of a vulnerability than a use
    issue. For example, folders shared on the system are available to the
    network regardless of whether the system console is locked or not. Other
    activity that the system may be performing will continue as well.

    Locking the workstation is not the same as logging it off. Since the hotsync
    manager is a desktop application and the desktop is still "active" while the
    workstation is locked, I don't think this is a security flaw. Locking the
    workstation is what you should do when you go to use the restroom, not when
    you leave for the day.

    Corey M. Snow- csnowat_private
    Senior Web Developer, Washington Dental Service
    (206) 528-7361, Mobile (360) 481-2563
    FAX: (206) 985-4939
    Web: http://www.deltadentalwa.com
    Opinions expressed are mine, not my employer's.