Apology: Advisory numbering confusion

From: Olle Segerdahl (olleat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 06:31:03 PDT

    I would like to apologise on behalf of Defcom Security
    for the confusion about numbering of recent advisories.

    Unfortunately, Enrique Sanchez of Defcom Spain recently
    released two advisories that did not conform to the
    Defcom Labs Advisory numbering scheme.

    To clear up the issue:

    def-2000-18 has NEVER EXISTED.
    def-2001-19 was released on 2001-04-05 and is entitled:
    		Windows 2000 FTP Client Buffer Overflow

    The advisories released by Enrique Sanchez have been
    reassigned the folowing Defcom Labs Advisory numbers:

    def-2001-22 Cyberscheduler remote root compromise
    def-2001-23 innfeed buffer overflow

    All Defcom Labs releases are available on the Defcom Labs
    website located at http://labs.defcom.com/

    Once again I apologise for the confusion apparently due
    to an internal communication problem.
    We have taken steps to assure that this kind of egg will
    never again be on our faces. (Knock on wood)

    Olle Segerdahl
    Defcom Labs