Re: Oracle8 denial of service (fwd)

From: Stephen Oberther (obertherat_private)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 07:12:47 PDT

    > Oracle 8 servers running Windows NT 4.0 (SP6) and does not require any
    > authentication credentials to succeed. I have not tried it on any other versions
    > or platforms.

    This works on Oracle 8 running on Solaris 8 as well.  No credentials
    needed to do the name lookup either it just eats up a processor.  Good
    thing it isn't threaded.

    --Steve

    \  Stephen Oberther	                      obertherat_private        /
    /  Network and Systems Administrator	      sobertherat_private	 \
    \  FO&M Department                            				 /
    /  Florida State University                   Office: 102 Mendenhall     \
    \ 					      Office Phone: 644-1866     /
    /			     		      Pager: 657-9069	 	 \
    \  http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~oberther					 /