Re: [net-com] Bug in Mirc v5.82

From: Chris Huseman (chrish@A-T-G.COM)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 19:44:36 PDT

    The proposed "fix" will not accomplish anything if the "bug" is actually
    internal to mIRC.

    If I was to speculate as to what is really going on, based on what little
    information this email contains, I would suggest that the client that was
    'controlable' had a trojan script installed.  I've been a long time operator
    on #mIRC on Efnet, and this seems to be the case more and more frequently.
    Ultimately, you just can't trust scripts that other people hand you without
    looking at the code yourself.. this is just common sense.

    I surely hope that this isn't some type of attention-grabbing intentional
    false alert.  It appears that the reporter of this bug hasn't contacted
    Khaled (the author of mIRC), or posted a bug report on mIRC's online forums.

    This bug report is _FALSE_, please deal with it accordingly.

    -chris