Re: Winamp 2.6x / 2.7x buffer overflow

From: Tom Laermans (tom.laermansat_private)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 13:03:32 PDT

    Hi,

    >WINAMP 2.6x / 2.7x BUFFER OVERFLOW
    >
    >AFFECTED SYSTEMS
    >Winamp 2.73 (full)
    >[...]
    >DESCRIPTION
    >
    >Winamp has a buffer overflow condition when parsing
    >*.AIP files. (which are set to be automatically downloaded without
    >user intervention, just like the *.M3U / *.PLS files)

    Actually, my copy of WinAmp (v2.74) does absolutely nothing with .AIP
    files, nor are they listed anywhere in the "File Types" in the selection
    box. What are they supposed to do, anyway? (I've never heard of 'em before
    either)

    Tom

    Web: http://www.powersource.cx --- ICQ#: 12120754
    Also check this out:  http://kickme.to/sidewinder