Re: Winamp 2.6x / 2.7x buffer overflow

From: ByteRage (byterageat_private)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 04:33:32 PDT

    Winamp 2.74 doesnt seem to be affected by the bug
    (although I thought it would be), only 2.60 -> 2.73
    are affected, the AIP file format is some format
    invented by AudioSoft to provide a legal way to get
    MP3's from the net. AIP files or AudioSoft parameter
    files seem to contain weakly encrypted authentication
    information... The buffer overflow occurs right in the
    decryption loop, there's no bounds checking there...
    When in doubt try out the attached proof of concept
    exploit (HACKME.AIP). I don't know whether they fixed
    that divide by zero bug yet in v2.74
    (CRASH-ZEROES.AIP). I also don't know if the AudioSoft
    plugin is used by other music software.

    greetz,
    [ByteRage]
    <byterageat_private> http://elf.box.sk/byterage