RE: Windows 2000 .printer remote overflow proof of concept exploit....

From: Christopher Gerg (gergat_private)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 06:08:02 PDT

    That root.exe sploit is actually the Solaris sadmind/ IIS Unicode worm.
    I've been on several incident responses at client sites and have seen it.
    It zombifies a Solaris box using the sadmind exploit (shame on them) and
    then scans a range of addresses for IIS b0x3n that are vulnerable to the
    Unicode exploit (again, shame!).  It copies cmd.exe to the scripts directory
    and runs a search and change for index.htm index.asp default.htm and
    index.asp and changes them to an anti -USA government (and anti spiderbox)
    message.

    Christopher Gerg
    Network Security Engineer
    Berbee