About the new IIS %252c bug.

From: neme-dhcat_private
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 16:16:11 PDT

    Hi,

    I spotted the same behaviour on my win2k + IIS 5.0 installation. When I
    installed the unicode patch this problem disappeared. Hence why I did not
    publish this. Maybe other people can reproduce this as well?
    another one that works is %252f.
    %255c and %252f (slash and backslash) worked before I applied the patch
    and ceased working afterwards.
    %255c and %252f are NOT unicode codes but hex codes. I find it strange that
    the unicode patch fixed this.
    IIS4.0 installations without the unicode patch were not vulnerable when
    I tried.

    greetz,
    nemesystm

    Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com