Microsoft Windows Media Player Buffer Overflow Vulnerability

From: Pauli Ojanpera (pauli_ojanperaat_private)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 17:32:35 PDT

    The same old story again, this time with Netshow multicast redirector files.
    Check out the attachment.
    Open the .html. Your EIP gets busted. (beware: IE
    crashes too so your windows get lost)

    There is a whole lot of these in dxmasf.dll. This is
    just too fun to post them one at the time. Many more
    known right now. Heck, is it my or their duty to find
    and fix them all?-)

    I dunno but I guess the patch they published on 23th
    was for the bug I found a while ago. If so, I would
    dare to disagree with the technical details of the
    bulletin. If dxmasf.dll is the same version, one
    wouldn't need to differentiate between operating
    systems when writing an exploit.