Re: Qpopper 4.0.3 **** Fixes Buffer Overflow **** (fwd)

From: KF (dotslashat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 18:42:37 PDT

    Heres the first post on this issue that I saw ... I worked to exploit it
    but it actualy did truncate the string somehow... This was on a version
    prior to 4.0.2 I believe... I had the same result as Optium, I was
    unable to write past the edx register... the logs for syslog as I recall
    stated the string was too long and that it was truncated down to a
    certain length. Perhaps Optium has more input?

    -KF