RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-030

From: Toma Vailikit (tomaat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 06:45:16 PDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Paul L Schmehl [mailto:paulsat_private]

    snip...
    We do not know if this will affect systems that do not use a-a-c.
    snip...

    Yes, it does affect non clustered Exchange servers in the same way. At
    least this has been in my case. I don't know if this is a problem for
    everyone that has applied this patch.

    I noticed that store.exe was on a rampage this morning after I applied
    this "patch" yesterday to the server. After a reboot, it took about 5
    minutes or so to reproduce the same results with store.exe. So I
    rebooted it again and removed the patch so my users would have an
    exchange server to connect to.

    Of course a server that is inaccessible is much more secure, but I think
    we need a patch that doesn't take out the server as a means to remedy a
    security hole.