RE: SECURITY.NNOV: Outlook Express address book spoofing

From: Matt Priestley (mpriestat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 11:33:28 PDT

    Mitigating the problem somewhat is the fact that if G1 & G2 already
    correspond (which seems plausible given the attack scenario) there would
    already be an entry for G2 in the contact list. In that case doesn't OE
    pop up an arbitration dialog? That ought to give the user a clue that
    something is amiss. They will have to choose "which" address to send to.

    Personally at that point I would ask myself how I managed to get two
    entries and check them a little more closely in order to select one.

    -matthew Priestley
    mpriestat_private

    Phone: 425-703-9478