re: Advisory #5 Corrections.

From: zeno (zenoat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 11:24:27 PDT

    Hello,

    The advisory on the virtual shopping cart is incorrect. The actual hole
    is in another product from this vendor. Due to a lack of communcation
    with myself and the vendor this advisory was incorrectly formed.

    There is a security problem in CatalogMgr.pl but it is part of the VirtualCatalog
    not the VirtualCart as originally stated. Part of this error was caused by loosing
    some notes that got destroyed in a HD failure and emails between myself and the vendor
    not being on the same grounds. I had spoken with the vendor in 3 or 4 emails in regards
    to a hole in the shopping cart and was never once told otherwise until this after
    this bugtraq posting. They where also aware of a public posting and it seemed
    to my understanding that we were on the same grounds.(Odviously not)

    The patch I received was from the vendor and from what I was told was part
    of this Virtualcart program. I guess this posting is a wake up call to people
    to make sure before they post something to a mailing list to quadtriple check
    everything about the advisory and MAKE SURE you and the vendor have a firm
    understanding of everything going on.

    I have removed all refrences from the website and will issuing a corrected advisory
    privatly on the site along with a formal letter on the situation.

    - zenomorph