RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-030

From: John Hanks (jbhat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 12:52:48 PDT

    The updated patch still had problems on my server. Here is my take on the
    patches.

    After installing the patches this happened:

    First Patch: Mail began to accumulate in SMTP local delivery queue. When an
    attempt to connect and deliver was made, STORE.EXE took both CPUs to 100%
    and hung there.

    Updated Patch: Mail began to accumulate in SMTP local delivery queue. When
    an attempt to connect and deliver was made, STORE.EXE took one CPU to 100%
    and hung there.

    My remedies:

    First Patch: Uninstalled the patch, reinstalled exchange, installed relevant
    hotfixes but not "the patch."

    Updated Version: Unistalling the patch seems to have brought things back to
    normal.

    Does anyone know if a third version is in the works or if I should keep
    trying to make the second version work on my machines?

    jbh

    John Hanks
    Dept. of Biology
    Utah State University