Re: OpenBSD 2.9,2.8 local root compromise

From: Andreas Haugsnes (andreasat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 00:18:15 PDT

    I must say that I gasped and had to wipe sweat from my
    forehead when I read, tested and could confirm this
    exploit.

    The OpenBSD-team has known about this for -6- days (15th of June),
    and they haven't been able to come up with atleast a temporary fix?
    I can't find anything on errdata / security warnings,
    what's up with that?

    Andreas Haugsnes