Re[2]: The Dangers of Allowing Users to Post Images

From: Alexander K. Yezhov (adminat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 11:52:40 PDT

    Following upon the letter of Friday, June 15, 2001:

    RMS> This  is  a  *very* interesting finding. It seems kind of obvious
    RMS> too. I wonder why no one seems to have run across it before.

    It  reminds me "Client Side Trojans" thread. Also similar problem with
    authorization  have  been  described  at  tools-on.net  ("Web and your
    privacy"  section). The problem is that once authorised you don't have
    to  enter  password  again  if  you are redirected to some form inside
    protected (via .htaccess, cookie, etc) area.

    Best regards, Alexander

                MCP+I, MCSE, BrainBench certificates
                http://leader.ru http://tools-on.net