Re: DCShop vulnerability

From: David Choi (dcscriptsat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 20:35:19 PDT

    This is not really a vulnerability.  It is more a
    server setup problem.

    Normally, you should not be able to browse files in
    /cgi-bin directory; you should only be able to execute
    scripts and display the page resulting from them.
    BUT, we do live in an imperfect world and some server
    DO allow viewing of files in /cgi-bin directory and so
    IT IS a problem, nonetheless.  To eliminate this
    problem, please see

    http://www.dcscripts.com/dcforum/dcshop/44.html

    Thanks.

    David S. Choi