Re: pmpost - another nice symlink follower

From: Dale Southard (southard1at_private)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 09:18:48 PDT

    With minor modifications, this also yields root with the IRIX version
    of PCP 2.1 running under IRIX 6.5.10.  PCP 2.2 under IRIX 6.5.11+ not
    tested.

    Under IRIX `chmod 555 /usr/pcp/bin/pmpost` mitigates the root
    vulnerability (and presumably some of the PCP ``Notice Board''
    functionality) until a patch is available.

    --

    /*  Dale Southard Jr.       southard1at_private        925-422-1463  */
    /*  Computer Scientist, Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative  */