Re: crypto flaw in secure mail standards

From: Riad S. Wahby (rswat_private)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 21:51:02 PDT

    Derek Atkins <warlordat_private> wrote:
    > The problem is not at all with the crypto.  The problem is with the
    > integration of the crypto with applications like e-mail.

    In this spirit, I have produced a patch for Mutt that adds an option
    to include the To:, From:, CC:, and Subject: headers at the end of PGP
    signed messages.

    This patch happens to interact somewhat with a previous patch I
    produced that allows Mutt to optionally send PGP messages as
    content-type text/plain for broken mail clients like nmh and Eudora,
    so I have integrated both into a single patch.

    It applies against mutt-1.2.5i; I haven't tested it against others,
    but I suspect it should work fine.

    http://positron.mit.edu/pub/plaintextappend.patch
    ftp://positron.mit.edu/pub/plaintextappend.patch

    --
    Riad Wahby
    rswat_private

    5105