Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set

From: Bryan Blackburn (blbat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 13:41:44 PDT

    Are you sure you haven't done something else to the system?  It appears
    the system creates most directories under the homedir with more
    restrictive permissions.  For example, I just created two new
    users (on OS X 10.0.4), one with admin and one without; in both cases,
    /Users/newuser/Desktop was 700, as well as almost all other directories
    created for a new user.  OS X creates eight directories for a new
    user: Desktop, Documents, Library, Movies, Music, and Pictures, which are
    all mode 700, and two mode 755 directories: Public, and Sites.

    Bryan

    On Jun 26, 2001 02:24, kangoo stated: