Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set

From: Andrew Wellington (wellingrat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 05:00:54 PDT

    At 2:24 AM +0200 26/6/01, kangoo  wrote:
    >Permissions of /Users/yourname/Desktop which show your desktop is
    >xrwxrwxrwx, allowing every user to read/write on your own Desktop folder.
    >
    >Fix: chmod 755 or chmod 750 /Users/yourname/Desktop
    >
    >Apple have been warned long ago and as of 10.0.4 it is stil not fixed.
    >
    >Les moines.

    This is not the permissions on my copy of OS X.

    drwx------   6 andrew  staff     264 Jun 25 00:32 Desktop

    This is on OS X, installed on the same partition as 9.1 from the 10.0
    CD and upgraded to each successive version including 10.0.4 using
    Software Update. The drive is HFS+ formatted.

    Andrew
    Andrew Wellington                        <wellingrat_private>
    - Network Admin, Dubbo South High School  <www.dshs.nsw.edu.au>
    - Lead Student, ILC Creative Systems  <www.dshs.nsw.edu.au/ilc>
    PGP key at certserver.pgp.com keyserver.net        <0x77168373>