RE: [COVERT-2001-04] Vulnerability in Oracle 8i TNS Listener

From: Aaron C. Newman (aaron@newman-family.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 18:07:26 PDT

    Word from Oracle product management is that the patch was out and then
    shortly withdrawn due to other problems it caused.

    From the Oracle website:

    ID:725260 Patch::1656431  Patch Obsoleted
    CORRUPTED ORACLE NET PACKET HEADER CAUSES LISTENER TO CORE DUMP

    This patch is obsolete. Please see the reason stated below. If a replacement
    patch is not mentioned, contact Oracle Support for help.

    Reason for Obsolescence
    This patch is being withdrawn because of a regression of bug 1654631 which
    is fixed as bug 1814117 . The patch will be made available again with the
    new fix included as soon as possible.

    You can register to recieve an email of when and where the patch is released
    by following this link and submitting your email address:

    Thank you,
    Aaron C. Newman
    CTO/Founder
    Application Security, Inc.