Re: Another exploit for cfingerd <= 1.4.3-8

From: Phil Stracchino (alaricat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 17:06:21 PDT

    On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:19:19PM +0200, teleh0r wrote:
    > This is another exploit for the flaw found by Steven Van Acker.
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/192844

    <snip>

    > Tested against cfingerd 1.4.3-8.

    Does anyone know whether cfingerd is actually being maintained any more,
    or whether it has been abandoned?  The authors appear unresponsive, and no
    "official" patch has been released that I am aware of.  The one unofficial
    patch I've seen is incomplete, and does not declare the additional
    variables it uses.

    --
     Linux Now!   ..........Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.
     phil stracchino   --   the renaissance man   --   mystic zen biker geek