Re: FreeBSD 4.3 local root, yet Linux and *BSD much better than Windows

From: Kris Kennaway (krisat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 16:56:08 PDT

    On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 08:12:30PM +0200, Przemyslaw Frasunek wrote:
    > > FreeBSD 4.3 local root, yet Linux and *BSD much better than Windows
    >
    > This problem was already reported to FreeBSD Security Officer about two
    > months ago, but it was totally ignored.

    Sorry about that: checking my mail folder I see that it arrived while
    I was on vacation for a month and the other members of the team were
    similarly busy with random real life issues.  I flagged the email as
    'important' at the time, but we've been working hard to catch up on
    other issues for the past week or two and I didn't get back to it yet.

    Kris