Re: [COVERT-2001-04] Vulnerability in Oracle 8i TNS Listener

From: Dennis W. Mattison (dwmatt@cx492171-a.cv1.sdca.home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 12:13:20 PDT

    CC: Martin Macok <martin.macokat_private>

    That is funny, because that is exactly not what we are getting here in the
    States.  Oracle is giving us the big run-around.  Luckily we have a CSI number,
    but not everyone does and we are quite concerned about those who do not.

    Before we had a CSI number, Metalink wouldn't even talk with us, and their
    support people clearly told us that we needed a CSI number in order to
    register.  (CSI being their Customer Support Contract Number.)  They suggested
    that we could try and find the patches on docs.oracle.com or technet.oracle.com,
    but both of these sites point back to metalink in order to actually download
    the patches.  They still haven't released patches for WindowsNT, which a
    great deal of our customers need being that they are WindowsNT only shops.

    I wonder what "IF THEY ASK FOR IT IN AN OFFICIAL WAY" means, as I have
    contacted technical support several times asking for it, in what I thought was
    an official way, and have been told to download it off of metalink...(this is
    before I had a CSI.)

    Seems like something is broken here...

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 at 10:19:23 +0200, Martin Macok wrote:

    > MetaLink is available to supported customers who have purchased support
    with  their Oracle products. To register you need a support identifier
    or a
    CSI  number which would have been provided to you when you received
    your