Re: Two birds with one worm.

From: Harris, Michael C. (HarrisMCat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 16:10:28 PDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Harris, Michael C.
    Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 5:49 PM
    To: unisogat_private; win2ksecadviceat_private
    Subject: ida worm (Code Red)

    you may be overlooking the effect of the code red worm on other devices with
    port 80 active.

    We have seen HP jet print servers print a page of the exploit targeted at
    port 80 data for each of 600 hosts that have tried to infect each hp
    printer. I have also heard of some issues with some Cisco equipment,

    Mike
    Michael C Harris
    System Security Analyst - Expert
    ITS / Research Education and Support
    University of Missouri Health Center

    harrismcat_private
    This e-mail is sent with 99.73% recyclable electrons