Re: Two birds with one worm.

From: Brian.J.Mauter (maute001at_private)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 21:10:26 PDT

    Hi,

    Testing various other devices on my subnet, I found that my 3Com Wireless
    LAN Access Point was not affected, but my HP 4500 was because it has an HP
    Jet Direct Card in it.  I do not have conclusive evidence that it was Code
    Red, but the printer has never acted strangely before.  When I call the
    printer's webserver, I get a "Device is not attached" error along with "HP
    JetDirect [Not available:SNMPException: no response]" at the top of the
    page.  All of the admin functions fail and I cannot determine if the
    printer is even functioning.  (It's remote, or else I'd walk over to it
    and look.)

    I don't know, but this may get any HP device with JetDirect.  Can anyone
    qualify that?

       Brian Mauter
       Network Administator
       Computer-Based Honors Program