RED-CODE WORM PATCH possibly not working ????

From: tigerblue (tigerblueat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 05:36:15 PDT

    Hi,

    i have got some IIS4-and some IIS5-servers. I was checking the logfiles =
    to get a short info about the red-code worm. The IIS4-servers were =
    respondig to the get default.ida with a http 40x code, but the IIS5 on =
    w2k machines were all responding with an http 200 code. Hmmm strange =
    =B4cause all the servers have been patched in the last month against =
    this idq-vulnerability (MS01-033).

    I=B4m really a wondering, is it normal, that the w2k servers reponding =
    with an 200-Code or is mabe the patch not working at all... does anybody =
    had this effect ????

    best regards

    tigerblue

    MCSE systemadministration