Re: IBM TFTP Server for Java vulnerability

From: John Schultz (jschultzat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 12:36:04 PDT

    On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Patrick Medhurst wrote:
    > The vendor was contacted on 19 June 2001 and responded on 20 June 2001
    > as follows:
    > "We will take a look at the issue and fix it as soon as possible".
    >
    > Further correspondence requesting when a fix will be released has been
    > ignored.

    Just because a company can't tell you immediately when a bug will be
    fixed, you say that you are being ignored and see fit to release an
    advisory?  Do you have any idea how easy the problem will be to fix?
    Probably not, and I bet IBM would have to do some research first, finding
    out what code contains the problem, allocating developers, build
    personnel, and QA the fix before even they know when a fix will be out.
    Sheesh.

    John Schultz
    jschultzat_private