Re: IBM TFTP Server for Java vulnerability

From: John Schultz (jschultzat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 12:26:18 PDT

    As was pointed out to me in a private mail message, there was a month
    between the vendor being contacted and the advisory being posted on
    Bugtraq.  I misread the original message from Patrick and thought the
    advisory had been released only a day after he contacted IBM, and not a
    month.

    While I feel the points in my original email are still valid, the tone of
    my message was a bit harsher than necessary.  IBM probably could have
    informed Patrick that a fix would be in an upcoming release, and Patrick
    could have perhaps waited for that release to be announced before posting
    his advisory.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.