Re: URGENT SECURITY ADVISORY FOR SSH SECURE SHELL 3.0.0

From: Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH (allberyat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 20:08:33 PDT

    On Friday, July 20, 2001 19:11:02 -0700, Dan Kaminsky <dankaminat_private>
    wrote:
    +-----
    | The big issue here, of course, is not that sshd incorrectly checks the
    | cryptographic hash of an inadequately sized password but that it checks it
    | at all.  NP, as far as I know, specifically stands for No Password
    | (acceptable, *not* needed), and !! I believe has the same meaning for
    | Linux(! for "no").  SSHD has traditionally when possible directly tested
    +--->8

    Is it me, or is this the *same* bug that was found in the 1.2.x code some
    time back?

    --
    brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allberyat_private
    system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allberyat_private