RE: permission probs with Arkeia

From: Thomas Broniecki (tbat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 13:41:05 PDT

    Well, I have 644, 755 permissions mainly. Although in the /usr/knox/arkeia
    dir there are 13 or so files arkeia_0x.j12 or .lck that have 666
    permissions, many haven't been written to in a long while. In
    /usr/knox/arkeia/dbase one file o3master.lck.

    Check your user management in the gui interface, make sure it is set to
    admin. I've also found that if you hand edit your periodic backups, they are
    much more prone to strange issues. I recommend using the wizard to configure
    your periodic backups. It sound strange, but helped me many times in fits of
    frustration.

    I have been running Arkeia for some time and completed many upgrades (both
    tar and rpm, I use rpm now), so I can't tell you from a clean install
    perspective.

    I can tell that from my experience Knox is very slow to release patches and
    fixes. In the past I've fought backing up NT 4.0 servers while loosing
    network connections from clients during backups and only with periodic
    backups, not interactive. That was going on for over 1/2 year and repeated
    phone calls and e-mails. The NT 4.0 patch just came out!

    Good luck.
    tb.