Re: UDP packet handling weird behaviour of various operating systems

From: trop (tropat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 15:04:30 PDT

    On Tuesday 24 July 2001 13:36, you wrote:
    > Hi Aleph,
    > Sent this already to you a couple of months ago but I presume it got
    > sucked into a quasar on its way to you.Maybe it gets lucky this time.
    > 5. Windows 2000 Professional UP.
    > 	- systems gets an extra 60% load average payload over its
    > initial one. It is still responsive to commands, doesn't choke a bit.

    I was able to get CPU from 2% up to 96-100% on a
    Windows 2000 Pro with:
    Windows 2000 Hotfix (Pre-Sp1)/(Pre-SP1)
    Windows 2000 Hotfix (Pre-Sp2)
    The computer stopped functioning at once. Seeing that it was at 100% that
    makes sense. I was also on my lan with 100mb connection between us. Thanks

     Lates
        --Tropick