Re: bug w2k - more followup

From: Carl Livitt (carlat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 03:48:31 PDT

    > Open a Cmd Window
    > Ping to any host (for example ping 10.100.2.1 preferred a host in your
    > LAN), no switch needed. Just ping
    > Now press F7 and Enter (try a couple of times quickly...less than ten , and
    > you can see what a meaning)

    After a bit more playing around, it would appear that you don't have to use
    'ping' - it can be *any* command you type at the prompt that takes long
    enough for you to press F7 + Enter more than 5 or 6 times. For example, I did
    a "dir c:\progs /s" and whilst it was busy traversing the directory tree, I
    pressed F7 + Enter several times. When the "dir" was finished, the machine
    rebooted. It seems like it may be an overflow of some kind in the command
    execution history facility.

    Carl Livitt
    Code Monkey
    IT in the Community