RE: bug w2k

From: Tom Laermans (tom.laermansat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 04:26:03 PDT

    At 20:30 28/07/2001, you wrote:
    >Hello all,
    >
    >I was able to reproduce this bug on the first try. However, the machine did
    >not reboot until after the ping had finished. (I did a ping -t).

    Same here, Win2K SP2 Dutch...

    >It appears to be the result of windows trapping the input and feeding it to
    >the command interpreter (cmd.exe) all at once. F7 displays a list of the
    >most recent commands, so it appears that windows is trying to run several
    >copies of an identical command simultaneously and that's making it very
    >unhappy.

    That was my analysis too.. well sort of... I think the 'doskey'
    functionality is included in cmd.exe ... but there's something not quite
    right in there, too many carriage returns or something ;)

    >Surprising that we don't at least get a BSOD.

    I did... The same as the one reported before.. "Failure in module "Windows
    SubSystem" at <addresses here>" ... Wait 5 seconds, warmboot...

    Tom

    Web: http://www.powersource.cx --- ICQ#: 12120754
    Also check this out:  http://kickme.to/sidewinder
    Need some cheats?? http://www.chaos-cheatbase.com