RE: TXT or HTML? -- IE NEW BUG

From: Rebecca Kastl (rkastlat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 23:10:40 PDT

    Microsoft's response is valid in many respects, but they do fail to address
    one specific issue.

    Some corporate security policies (such as firewall rules, content filters,
    AUP, SecPol, etc.) expressly prohibit such things as ActiveX, Javascript, and
    more.  Specifically, a Fortune 50 company I recently worked for has such a
    policy.  By embedding jscript code in a *.jpg file, such policies and
    procedures are circumvented, and MS has helped the "evil hacker" attack
    another victim because they have so far refused to address the real issue --
    ignoring MIME type definitions.

    --Rebecca Kastl