Re: Slackware 8.0, 7.1 Vulnerability: /usr/bin/locate

From: Brian Smith (avalon73at_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 17:37:45 PDT

    On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

    > This Slackware locatedb vulnerability is a perfect example to counter
    > your reasoning.

    It's apparently something that's changed in later versions of Slackware.
    Here's one from my machine, which was originally Slack3.5 (before going
    through several upgrades, of course):

    -rw-r--r--   1 root     root       740500 Aug  1 04:03 locatedb

    Brian Smith  //   avalon73at_private   //  http://www.arthurian.nu/
    Software Developer  //  Gamer  //  Webmaster  //  System Administrator
    All I want is a kind word, a warm bed and unlimited power.