RE: F7-Enter bug details & workaround

From: Hernan Ochoa (hochoaat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 17:45:59 PDT

    > You got me thinking and testing.  I tested using the F_ keys in telnet and
    > found that they are implimented.  A similar bug occurs in telnet, but with
    > less drastic consiquences.

    You're right!, but actually I tested using telnet and it not only hangs the
    telnet window but also crashes
    my system, the same thing happens as with cmd.exe. So i think my previous
    guess was right, this some general
    API. I also tried with the patch I posted in my previous message and the bug
    doesn't work.

    hope it helps.
    bye!

    ==================[ CORE Security Technologies Inc. ]=========
    Hernan Ochoa                              mailto:hochoaat_private
    Senior Security Consultant
    Florida 141 7mo. piso 2do. cuerpo         http://www.corest.com
    C1005AAC Capital Federal
    Buenos Aires, Argentina.              Tel/Fax : +(54.11)48.78.26.73
    Casilla de Correos 877 (1000) Correo Central

    -"Es un muchacho sin importancia colectiva, exactamente un
    individuo".
    	Louis Ferdinand Celine, L'Eglise.