CR vs. CoreBuilder

From: John Nemeth (jnemethat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 14:12:40 PDT

         I have a 3Com CoreBuilder 3500 running software version 2.1.0 that
    has been falling over a lot over the last few days.  I attached a
    terminal to the console port.  One of the times when it fell over, I
    noticed a message about a problem with the HTTP server.  So, I checked
    the configuration and sure enough I had disabled web access.  Pointing
    a web browser at it, finds that the webserver is still active, it just
    always returns a page saying, "Web access denied".  Talk about a stupid
    way of doing things!  Telneting to port 80 and using HEAD gets the
    following info:

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK