RE: Can we afford full disclosure of security holes?

From: Richard M. Smith (rmsat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 12:32:53 PDT

    I've probably found a dozen or so security holes in Microsoft products.
    Many of these problems were reported on BugTraq list without full
    disclosure.  How come so few people have ever approached me for the full
    details?  I guess I don't see the same level of demand for
    full-disclosure as you do.

    However one thing is now crystal clear with Code Red: full-disclosure
    comes with one of hell of a price tag.  There has to be a better way.

    Richard