Re: Lotus Domino DoS

From: 3APA3A (3APA3Aat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 01:47:35 PDT

    Dear Ian Gulliver,

    --21.08.2001 1:19, you wrote Lotus Domino DoS to bugtraqat_private;

    I> MAIL            FROM:<bounce@[127.0.0.1]>            RCPT
    I> TO:<addressat_private>

    I> where domain.com is not local to the server in question,
    I> the server attempts to bounce the message, and the bounce
    I> goes into a loop, constantly being sent back to the same
    I> server.

    It  was  reported in vuln-dev list on May, 20 2000 by SMILER
    <smilerat_private>  in  same time with SMTP buffer overflow in
    Lotus. I wonder why it's not patched yet.

    http://www.security.nnov.ru/search/document.asp?docid=226

    --
    /3APA3A