Re: More security problems in Apache on Mac OS X

From: Jeremey A. Mates (jmatesat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 19:13:25 PDT

    Sigh, check current configs, then send email.

    I also was initially using the:

    <FilesMatch "^\.">

    regex, which has the unexpected habit of blocking the ".." directory,
    which breaks the "click here for parent directory" links in the Index
    listings (if memory serves, my change log on http.conf doesn't list
    the exact problem).

    The current block I'm using for sites that do not have dot files is:

        Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
    </Files>

    Which allows .. to work properly.

    --
    Jeremy Mates                                      http://www.sial.org/

    	   "You cannot control, only catch." -- Tsung Tsai