RE: Serious security Flaw in Microsoft Internet Explorer - Zone Spoofing

From: Richard M. Smith (rmsat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 11:18:55 PDT

    I just checked in IE6 and it looks like the "medium" security level is
    the default setting for the Intranet zone.  This is the same default as
    the Internet zone.  Seems to me that if IE4 and IE5 have the same
    default, then this bug is not going to affect very many people.  I
    suspect that most folks don't change the settings on the Intranet zone.

    An interesting discovery nevertheless.

    Richard